Photo Essay: Fall in Kew Gardens

Fall In Kew Gardens, London

Last sunday I visited Kew Gardens. I had been wanting to go since I moved to London more than a year ago, but there was always something last-minute stopping me (most of the time, it was sudden rain showers). Kew Gardens, for those of you who may not know, is one of the World’s most famous gardens - a UNESCO World Heritage site to my collection.

These gardens are home of thousands of different species from all over the globe. They never really lose their charm – no matter the season. With it’s 16 GBP entry fee, it’s definitely not a bargain – but it was definitely worth it to capture the most out of autumn in London.

Fall in Kew Gardens, London

Fall in Kew Gardens, London

Fall in Kew Gardens, London

Fall in Kew Gardens, London

Fall in Kew Gardens, London

Where is your favorite spot to capture autumn shots?

Tags: , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Photo Essay: Fall in Kew Gardens”

1. ZhuNovember 25, 2012 at 12:15 AM #

The macro of the purple flower and the light in the last pic are my favourite. Perfect fall shots!

2. IsabellesTravelNovember 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM #

Lovely photos. I`m always amazed at the array of colors fall gives us.

• KatherinaNovember 26, 2012 at 12:51 PM #

I agree – all these warm colors make for perfect shots!

3. MonicaNovember 25, 2012 at 5:22 PM #

It looks absolutely beautiful. I love autumn and all the gorgeous colours that come with it.
    I’m exactly the same in that I moved to London just over a year ago and I still haven’t been!

• KatherinaNovember 26, 2012 at 12:56 PM #

I absolutely recommend it, Monica – I’m sure you’ll love it :)

4. MeriNovember 26, 2012 at 2:15 AM #

Oh it seems like autumn was so long ago now that we got some snow the other day- I love these shots!

• KatherinaNovember 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM #

I must admit, I do miss living somewhere where the snow actually stays on the ground more than just a few hours… hopefully it’ll come :)

5. ReaseNovember 27, 2012 at 3:53 AM #

I love these! Fall is my favorite season so I adore the shots of leaves.

6. Lynn ChouNovember 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM #

Stunning photos! My mom just went to North Xinjiang in China and emailed me her beautiful shots. :)

7. Little Pieces of LightNovember 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM #

I’d say Quebec, Canada for all the gorgeous shots of the changing colours of the leaves! There is officially a leaf-peeping season in this area (like in the north of New York state). Before I had visited, I never knew how beautiful leaves could be.

Btw, these are gorgeous shots of the Kew Gardens! I am ashamed to say that I lived in London for 5 years without ever visiting them. Maybe I will pop over for a visit when I visit London next from Paris!

Best,